Co-curricular activities are an integral part of curriculum which provides educational activities to the students and thereby help in broadening their experiences. Co-curricular activities can be defined as the activities that enhance and enrich the regular curriculum during the normal school hours. All co-curricular activities are organized with specific purpose which varies according to the nature and form of such activities.
- Such activities stimulate the interests in the students and provide equal opportunities to all the students to participate
- These activities enhance the learning experience of the students and help in recognizing and developing their inner skills such as leadership qualities, creative or innovative skills etc.
- Co-curricular and extra- curricular activities give the students a chance to think out of their box and get creative ideas of their own with the help of a guide/facilitator.
- These activities help the students in developing richer learning experiences by giving them a chance to think in new ways to solve a problem or answer a question.
- Students need to take time outs to do more than just studying. Co-curricular and Extra-curricular activities give them a chance to relax, refresh and mingle easily with others.
- In short, these activities prepare the students practically for their future.
- The normal curriculum teaches and educates the student about academic theories while co- curricular activities and extra-curricular activities help the student to apply what he/ she has learned to practice in their practical life.
- These activities help in developing the grasping power of the students and provide an opportunity to the students to work in teams and thus develop team spirit in them.
- Most of the Co-curricular and Extra co-curricular activities are to keep the students Physically active and get them out their desks to try out new things in practical way.
Taekwondo, Roller Skating,Yoga, Karate, Classical Dance, Band Troupe, Horse Riding. (to be introduced- Rifle Shooting, Swimming, Kungfu)
Key Board, Violin, Guitar, Jazz, Abacus, Classical Music, Chess, Artistic Yoga.
Students will be assessed on any two activities that are chosen from these activities. Assessment of Co-curricular activities will be reported twice in a year. All assessments shall be done in marks and will be given in grades. The attainments will be done on five point scale (Shown in the table below).